Code of Practice incorporating Terms and Conditions
|Personal conduct (ADI)
1) The Instructor will at all times behave in a professional manner towards clients’
2) Tristar Instructors will treat clients with respect and consideration and will expect the same in return.
3) Tristar Instructors will neither use nor tolerate foul or abusive language.
4) Tristar Instructors will at all times, try to avoid physical contact with a client except in an emergency or in the normal course of greeting.
5) Whilst reserving the right to decide against giving tuition, neither the company nor the Instructor shall not act in any way which contravenes legislation on discrimination.
6) A Tristar Instructor will always be aware of their personal hygiene and will conduct lessons in a car that is in a Clean condition and fit for purpose.
7) As a matter of standard policy, Tristar will always prosecute in the event of threatened or actual physical violence towards an Instructor.
1) Monies payable to your Instructor should be paid at the commencement of your lesson.
2) Tristar will safeguard any money you pay in advance directly to the company, otherwise any monies
paid in advance to the instructor is seen as a personal arrangement between you and the instructor and is not the responsibility of the company.
3) The Instructor should check a client’s entitlement to drive the vehicle and his/her ability to read a number plate at the statutory distance on the first lesson. When accompanying a client for a practical test the instructor should ensure that the client has all the necessary documentation to enable the client to take the test and that the vehicle is of a roadworthy condition.
4) The instructor will advise clients when to apply for their practical test, taking account of local waiting times and forecast of client’s potential for achieving test pass standard. (excludes intensive courses)
5) The instructor will not rearrange a client’s driving test without their agreement.
6) The instructor will at all times teach the client skills appropriate to the DSA’s recommended syllabus.
7) If the client is deemed not to have reached the appropriate test standard within a pre-specified time the instructor has the right to refuse the use of the car for the test and the test fee will be lost .
8) Tristar accept no responsibility for candidates arriving for a theory test appointment at the wrong time or without the appropriate documentation.
9) The client can change a booked lesson without any loss as long as 48 hours’ notice is provided.
10) Whilst our Instructors are expected to adhere rigidly to appointment times, there may be occasions when, due to road, traffic or weather conditions, your Instructor could be later than planned. In this event, your Instructor will ALWAYS contact you (if you have provided the Instructor with a contact number) and will also compensate you for time lost either, by extending your lesson or by providing free additional tuition, depending upon the amount of the delay.
If a client feels our service has not met their complete satisfaction then they must raise the matter with their Instructor.
Should the client still be dissatisfied, the client should contact our Service line on 07824 901713. The Customer Services Assistant will note the details of your complaint and forward the information to Head Office.
You will be contacted by telephone within 2 working days. In most cases we will aim to resolve the issue the same day, though In some cases it may take longer; in this event you will be provided with a verbal progress report. If you are not satisfied with the explanation provided, you must write to the Customer Services Manager Tristar Driving, 12 Sandbach Road Church Lawton ST7 3DP You will receive a written response within 14 days.
All advertising shall be honest and in line with the Tristar Brand Policy; claims made shall be capable of verification and comply with codes of practice set down by the Advertising Standards Authority. Advertising that refers to pass rates should not be open to misinterpretation and the basis on which the calculation is made should be made clear.
If you do not meet your predicted targets, you should consider booking additional lessons with your instructor or the possibility of deferring your driving test to a later date.
*NB All pupils learn at different speeds so please don’t reproach yourself or your instructor if you do not reach the standard you may have expected, within the hours booked.*
Rest assured , we will always work with you, in order to achieve the level of success you would like.
Tristar Instructors are trained to exacting standards and always expect the best from themselves – and so can you.
Any request for a refund must be made in writing. Refunds on unused lessons will only be considered if you request this within TWO MONTHS of ceasing your lessons; unused lessons may still be taken, without penalty, if this is within SIX MONTHS of ceasing lessons.
To request a refund please write to Tristar Driving, 12 Sandbach Road Church Lawton ST7 3DP , giving full details of the reason for your request.
Please note that, in respect of any request for refunds, any such claim must be made through our Head Office, as detailed above.
Tristar Instructors are not permitted to enter into refund transactions in the car.
© Tristardriving revision 2017